5 Podcasts I’m Listening To
I was late to the party when it came to podcasts. I absolutely love music, so my preference was always to be listening to my favorite records at home or in the car, but I discovered the joy of the podcast a few years ago and have been a devoted listener ever since. I usually put one on when I go for my daily walks. Like most things nowadays, we have an overabundance of choices when it comes to which podcasts to listen to. I thought I would share a few that I listen to regularly whether for fun, inspiration or education.
· The Pharm Community Podcast: Of course, I have to include this one on the list! The Pharm's own Sarah Aspell has beautiful conversations with local artists, wellness practitioners, and community leaders. The questions posed to guests are thoughtful and informative. Season 1 just wrapped up, so catch up on the first season now.
· We Can Do Hard Things with Glennon Doyle: I am a huge Glennon fan, and this new podcast with her sister as co-host is fantastic. The relationship between the two of them is so special and supportive and this carries over into the tone of their conversations on timely topics such as overwhelm, anxiety, building more fun into our lives and boundaries. I highly recommend taking a listen.
· Just What You Needed with Amy Young: Amy is a coach whom I have followed for quite some time. The episodes include interviews with other coaches and authors, as well as solo episodes covering topics that range from relationship dynamics to personal growth and avoiding burnout. Her authenticity and honesty is what drew me to her work in the first place, and that comes through in her podcast.
· Ten Percent Happier with Dan Harris: This is a new one for me, but I have been thoroughly enjoying it. Dan helped create the meditation app Ten Percent Happier and wrote a book of the same name. Guests include thought leaders, meditation teachers and scientists exploring topics such as relationships, social anxiety, creativity and productivity.
· The Love Drive with Shaun Galanos: Shaun is a relationship coach and one of the best I have found in the field, in my opinion. His honest approach to relationships is so refreshing and he encourages people to be advocates for their own needs and happiness. The podcast is a great listen whether you are partnered or not, and I always come away from the episodes feeling encouraged, educated and empowered.
This is just a small list of my recommendations, as I have quite a few more that I listen to regularly. I may have to write another post in the future with some of those, but I’ll give you time to take a listen to some of the ones mentioned above in the meantime. What are some of your favorite podcasts? Let me know in the comments, and happy listening!